Employment Opportunities with CDS-John Blue Company
POSITION: ENGINEERING MANAGER
CDS-John Blue Company, a 132 year old leading manufacturer of agricultural pumps and equipment, is currently searching for an Engineering Manager to lead our engineering team in the beautiful and thriving city of Huntsville, Alabama. The engineering manager position encompasses a wide range of engineering disciplines including: leading the team in product design, product support, manufacturing support, as well as providing positive interactions with Customers, all Employees and our Board of Directors/Owners.
Responsibilities of the Engineering Manager:
- Candidate will lead the R&D of new product development and existing product improvement.
- Strong knowledge of CAD software is a must. Pro/Engineer knowledge is preferred.
- Product design and development tasks will be from product inception to completion/production. Responsibilities will include new idea generation, prototype development, tooling specifications, final design release, and writing of manuals for the end user.
- Product support will be both in product design and technical sales support.
- Initiate design changes to improve quality and performance of products.
- Provide cost cutting initiatives in the design and manufacturing processes.
- Candidate will have interaction with end-users, distributors and OEM’s in person at trade shows, and by customer visits, as well as by phone.
- Individual must utilize strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to develop and give presentations to owners/board members.
Required Qualifications of the Engineering Manager:
- A B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Prefer 8-10 years of Design Experience in a Mfg. environment with proven progression in design ability.
- Agriculture background or experience would be a plus, but not required.
- Candidate must be able to multi-task and be self-motivated.
Our Core Values
It is our belief that in order to deliver quality engineered solutions with outstanding customer support that has made us successful for 132 years, we must strive to hire people that exhibit our company core values:
- Customer First
- Honest & Conscientious
- Get the Job Done
- Have Fun
- Be a Dedicated Team Player (Bleed Blue)
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you, we would welcome the opportunity to hear from you. This position will provide a competitive salary as well as an excellent benefit package to include: health and dental insurance, telemedicine benefit, short and long term disability, 401k with a company match, life insurance, and paid vacation and holidays.